Ever Tried Idli Chaat? It Is The Perfect Lockdown Snack You’ve Been Looking For
The second wave of the pandemic has come as a wake-up call for all of us. The virus is very much among us, and hence COVID-appropriate behaviour must be practiced at all cost. Many states have also announced curfews and partial lockdowns to compact the spread of virus. While most of us are compact to our homes in these strange times, cooking is serving as a good distraction for many. If you are looking for recipes that are scrumptious but not too complex, then you have arrived at the right place. If you are always up for tangy and yummy chaat, then well, you are in for a treat. If you also fancy all things South Indian food like us, then there can be no recipe as delightful to try today. Without further trouble, we present to you our fabulous recipe of Idli chaat.
Here’s some of the simple steps to make idli chaat:
1. Grease a pan with oil. Fry idlis, until both sides are slightly brown and crisp.
2. Now comes the most exciting part. It’s gathering time. Just take a spoonful of curd and spread it over the idlis.
3. Sprinkle some salt for taste.
4. Now, add some boiled potatoes to the medley, followed by chopped onions and chopped green chillies.
5. Next, take a dash of green chutney and spread it across the idlis.
6. Repeat the same step with imli chutney. You can monitor the amount of chutney depending upon your spice tolerance levels. If you would like to make your chaat to be slightly sweet, you can increase the quantity of imli chutney.
7. Top it off with crunchy sev and serve. (optional).